About Our Company
LUX Global Label — a leading manufacturer of pressure-sensitive labels, shrink sleeves, and security solutions — is looking to hire a Warehouse Material Handler for 3rd shift.
The material handler is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities involved with shipping, receiving, inventory control, and overall general upkeep of the warehouse and its equipment while following all safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Load and unload trucks using proper warehouse equipment; verify count and condition of goods received/loaded.
- Review documentation to verify shipment information and file necessary paperwork.
- Review Pull Slip Request and accurately pull materials, whether raw materials or finished goods.
- Safely move materials in and out of the warehouse and to and from the production floor, using proper equipment. This could include deliveries from vendors, finished goods, production supplies, and raw materials.
- Perform weekly and monthly cycle counts as directed. Assist with annual physical inventory by scanning and validating inventory levels.
- Perform a visual inspection of warehouse equipment prior to use.
- Properly shut down/charge/and service equipment batteries and report any deficiencies to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment including a clean desk, keeping aisles free of dirt/debris, and always following all safety rules, regulations, and procedures as well as the use of PPE if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) Required
- Basic reading/writing, math, and computer skills.
- Must be able to lift 25-40lb packages consistently and safely and be able to stand and/or walk for most of shift.
- Must be willing to work additional days/hours as needed.
- Must be attentive to detail & accuracy and be someone who looks for improvements to work processes.
- Must meet deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals, listen to others and values opinions, and promote a team atmosphere.
- Must deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, be accountable for actions, and demonstrate support of Company values.
- Must meet commitments, work independently, accept accountability, stay focused under pressure, and meet attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Must adapt to change and adjust to meet needs, be open to new ideas, and take on new responsibilities as required.
- Must be always extremely safety conscious.
- Prior experience using Stand-up, Sit-down, and/or Turret forklifts and maintaining equipment batteries is a plus.
- Experience using handheld scanning and materials management systems is preferred.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certified to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to stand and move inside the facility for at least 60% of the time.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
To apply for this Warehouse Material Handler role, please send your resume to email@example.com.