Lux Global Label Company, Backed by Resilience Capital Partners, Acquires Assets of Global Package Printing Leader National Label
Partners with LBC Credit Partners and The Kennedy Group
April 28, 2017 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
CLEVELAND & LAFAYETTE HILL, Pa.– Lux Global Label Company, a newly formed holding company backed by private equity firm Resilience Capital Partners (“Resilience”), has purchased certain assets from National Label, the Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania-headquartered, 103-year-old global leader in the labeling industry.
As part of the transaction, Resilience will commit significant financial capital to the new company. Resilience also has assembled a team of industry veterans to strengthen the new company’s operations and industry stature.
In connection with the agreement, Resilience has partnered with LBC Credit Partners, a provider of middle-market financing solutions, and The Kennedy Group, a supplier of labeling, packaging and identification solutions.
“The financial and operating investments that Resilience Capital Partners is making will enable the new company to continue operations and meet customer needs, building upon a century of excellence in labeling,” said Steven H. Rosen, co-Chief Executive Officer of Resilience Capital Partners.
Ron Cozean, the new company’s Executive Chairman, said, “If you looked at the location of our headquarters, you would say we are an American company. However, if you looked at the location of our customers – from Europe to the Middle East to Asia – you would see that we are a global company. We have the scale, the distribution and the expertise to be a leader globally, and our job is to get there.”
The new company inherits a rich heritage and strengths including:
- State-of-the-art operations and facilities around the globe including: The corporate offices and largest production facility, in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania; a production facility in Humacao, Puerto Rico; and a production facility in Singapore, as well as warehouses and offices around the world.
- Proprietary technology to fulfill the unique needs of the new company’s diverse customer base, including conductive labels that transmit currents for batteries; authenticity/security features that verify genuine pharmaceutical products and expose evidence of tampering; and metallic ink-based labels that provide superior product aesthetics while greatly minimizing the cost and environmental impact compared to older, foil-based techniques.
- Extensive capital investments, including $53.6 million during the past four years, that have established a global footprint of manufacturing facilities equipped with the latest production tools and products.
- Industry leadership in providing state-of-the-art solutions, including high-quality, custom-printed labels and related products, with technologies that enabled the company to offer capabilities that exceed those of its competitors; the company had optimized its operations so as to enable it to produce in excess of 20 billion labels annually, including 15 billion at its main Lafayette Hill facility.
- A proprietary deluxe graphic technology costing more than $10 million to develop; unlike other label providers whose process includes heating foil to provide a metallic effect, this ink-based technology provides buyers with a solution that not only is better-looking but also less expensive and less wasteful.
- Production facilities that, unlike other companies in the industry, use best-in-class machinery that employs the most sophisticated technologies and capabilities.
- A uniform manufacturing layout across the company’s production facilities, unique in the industry that enables it to produce a single graphic look for its customers in all of their geographic end-markets.
Financial terms of the transaction, which closed on Friday, April 14, 2017, were not disclosed.
About Resilience Capital Partners
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Resilience invests in niche-oriented manufacturing, value added distribution and business service companies with sustainable market positions and a clear path to cash flow improvement. Resilience targets platform businesses with $25 million to $250 million in revenues across a broad range of industries where it can improve a company’s operations, competitive positioning and profitability. Resilience manages in excess of $625 million for its global investor base which includes pension funds, insurance companies, foundations and endowments, fund of funds and family offices. For more information, please visit www.resiliencecapital.com.
The Hubbell Group, Inc.
Constance N. Hubbell, 781-210-5011 (office)