Current Job Openings
Packers - 1st and 2nd shift; Lafayette Hill, PA
Do you have a high attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently? Do you like the fast pace and physical aspect of working on a manufacturing floor? Would you enjoy working in a friendly, team environment? If so, our Packer role may be your next career opportunity!
We’re looking for Packers on first and second shift at our headquarters plant in Lafayette Hill, PA. This is a great entry level position for someone who has extremely high attention to detail, who can read and follow customer specifications, is safety conscious, reliable and a true team player – willing to jump in and help where needed without being asked. This position works on the plant floor, which is clean, well-lit and climate controlled. Uniform will be provided. Occasional overtime will be required.
- First shift hours: Mondays-Fridays from 6:00am-2:30pm, less 30 minutes for lunch.
- Second shift hours: Mondays-Fridays from 2:00pm-10:30pm, less 30 minutes for lunch.
The Packer packs finished goods from the production area into cartons or containers according to customer specifications. Also, empty trash and perform other duties that assist with getting finished goods shipped or put into inventory.
- Comply with safety, operating policies and procedures regarding company, equipment, materials and finished goods.
- Verify that finished rolls conform to product specifications.
- Ensure proper packing and packaging of product in accordance with specific customer requirements.
- Create barcode case labels and core labels.
- Assemble boxes and cartons and hand-pack materials.
- Ensures quality standards are maintained in handling, packaging and finishing of all products packaged.
- Maintain product segregation and security.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain clean and organized working area, remove scrap, dump trash, sweep floors, organize unused boxes, etc. Adhere to 5S protocols.
- Operate machine to cut cores for machine operators.
- Communicate with the next shift on special instructions.
- Adapt to changing business needs and perform other job functions per Supervisor’s request.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance; be punctual and dependable
- Work different days/hours and/or overtime as needed
Successful Packer candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Must understand how to read and use a tape measurer/ruler.
- Must have basic math and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding work instructions.
- Must have ability to use vision in following ways: close vision, distance vision, normal color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work well with others; display good teamwork skills.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to utilize tools such as scissors, knives, and rulers.
- Work is performed by using both hands and arms while in a standing position for an eight-hour shift.
- Work environment is a climate-controlled manufacturing plant with varying degrees of background noise
Salary is comparable for an entry level job. To apply for this Packer role, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.