Current Job Openings
Porters - 3rd shift; Lafayette Hill, PA
We’re looking for a Porter for our plant in Lafayette Hill, PA on 3rd shift. We need people who are self-motivated, communicate with co-workers and take pride in maintaining the overall appearance of the production environment. This position works on the plant floor, which is clean, well-lit and climate controlled, but is required to work outside a short period each shift.
- 3rd shift: Sundays-Thursdays from 10:00pm-6:30am, less 30 minutes for lunch.
Occasional overtime will be required. Uniform will be provided. This is an entry level position and pay rate is comparable for that level.
The Porter is responsible for the upkeep and appearance of the production floor and supporting department areas, as well as building exterior. It’s important that our buildings are clean, free from clutter and safe. The Porter spends the shift picking up and taking out trash, cleaning the floors and stocking the machines with cores.
- Continuously check for and properly dispose of trash from all production related departments. Sort recyclable materials and trash from the recycling stream; ensure unacceptable materials are removed from recycling.
- Ask all Press and Finishing supervisors if they have a need for cores. Take their order, measure and cut cores as required and deliver to machines.
- Walk the grounds daily, removing litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, truck docks and indoor spaces. Properly dispose of any litter and debris. Check trash can in gazebo and properly dispose of garbage if can is full.
- Clean and clear trash and debris from chute rooms, trash rooms and dumpster areas.
- Vacuum Gravure cylinder racks each week.
- Sweep /mop floors in the main production areas each week as well as using the Zamboni as needed.
- Provide back-up support for cleaning the break room floor and the locker room bathrooms.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the follow knowledge and skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience working in manufacturing or related environment is a plus
- Prior experience in a general cleaning/janitorial/manufacturing housekeeping role is a plus as well
- Must have basic reading/writing/math and computer skills, along with the ability to accurately measure with a ruler.
- Must be extremely safety conscious at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for most of shift, including climbing stairs, reaching, bending and pushing-pulling
- Must be willing to work additional days/hours as needed.
- Is attentive to detail & accuracy, looks for improvements to work processes.
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals in a proactive manner, listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere. Communicates and cooperates well with co-workers.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, demonstrates support of company values.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as required
- Will be exposed to variable and adverse weather conditions on occasion, when completing tasks outside the building. Will work near machinery with moving parts.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.