Current Job Openings
Press Helpers (combo press) - 2nd and 3rd shifts; Lafayette Hill, PA
We have immediate openings for a 2nd and 3rd shift Press Helper in our headquarters plant in Lafayette Hill, PA. You will be working with some of the most knowledgeable Press Operators in the industry on our 13 color, roll-fed combination presses that consist of gravure, offset, flexo and silk screen.
+ 2nd shift hours: Mondays-Fridays, 2:00pm-10:30pm, les 30 minutes for lunch; $1/hour shift differential.
+ 3rd shift hours: Sundays-Thursdays from 10:00pm-6:30am, less 30 minutes for lunch; $2/hour shift differential.
Training may occur on another shift. Uniform will be provided. Occasional overtime will be required.
This is an entry level position and hourly rate is based on that level of experience.
The Press Helper is responsible for assisting the Press Operator in routine aspects of the press operation from set-up to maintenance and operation. Ensure personal safety while achieving highest print quality with minimal waste.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMP, customer requirements, etc.
- Load material on press; load sleeves/Anilox/cylinders/dies in press; hook up and turn on ink pumps, rollers & filters.
- Retrieve and pull proper inks
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; clean ink spills; clean plates; general housekeeping
- Maximize output with efficient handling of changeovers and material preparation.
- Assist in clean up and changeover of the press; demount and clean plates for proper storage.
- Assist with handling of printed material, pre- and post-press
- Inspects for and maintains high quality work
- Run press during Press Operator absence (lunch, etc.)
- Float and occasionally assist other employees, including working where directed, be it on varying presses or in other departments.
- Available to work other days and/or hours based on business needs.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience in a printing environment helpful but not required.
- Must be mechanically inclined, with the ability to read and understand manufacturing orders and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, read and understand scales and measurements.
- Is attentive to detail & accuracy, looks for improvements to work processes.
- Highly motivated, meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals, listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, demonstrates support of company values.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as required
- Ability to remain physically and mentally alert during shift
- Capable of repeated standing, walking, sitting, bending, and lifting for entire shift. Able to carry up to 25 lbs and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping product, pushing & pulling skids of product using manual pallet jack, reaching above shoulder height at times to remove items from shelving units
Salary is comparable for an entry level job. To apply for this Press Helper role, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.