Current Job Openings
Press Operators (combo press experience) - 2nd shift; Lafayette Hill, PA
We have immediate openings for 2nd shift Press Operators in our headquarters plant in Lafayette Hill, PA, to run a 13 color, roll-fed combination press, consisting of gravure, offset, flexo and silk screen. This is not an entry level role; you must have the experience outlined below to be considered.
2nd shift: Mondays-Fridays 2:00pm-10:30pm, less 30 minutes for lunch; $1/hour shift differential. Training for the first 4-6 months could occur on any shift. Overtime, including extended shift hours and/or weekends, may be required as business needs dictate.
Relocation assistance is not provided. If you are in the process of moving to the greater Philadelphia area and would like to be considered, please note that when you apply.
The Press Operator is responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the press from set-up to maintenance and operation. Working with the Press Helper, ensure personal safety while achieving the highest print quality with minimal waste.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, stock specifications, colors, special printing instructions, and any special customer requirements.
- Fill containers of cleaning solvents, water, fountain solution and ink as needed.
- Complete required quality inspections and documentation.
- Work with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
- Accurately complete paperwork and data entry
- Continuously strive to increase productivity and efficiency. Communicate relevant information on press and jobs to next shift.
- Responsible for helping in training Press Helper
- Available to work other days and/or hours based on business needs.
Successful Press Operator candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Press Operator on a combination press is required
- Prior experience running a roll-fed combination press, especially offset and gravure and/or offset and flexo is required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be mechanically inclined and have the ability to maintain normal press adjustments.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, read and understand scales and measurements.
- Is attentive to detail & accuracy, looks for improvements to work processes and takes advantage of tools & resources, finds root cause to quality problems.
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as required
- Capable of repeated standing, walking, sitting, bending, and lifting for entire shift. Able to carry up to 25 lbs and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping product, pushing & pulling skids of product using manual pallet jack, reaching above shoulder height at times to remove items from shelving units.
To apply for this Press Operator role, please send your resume and details about your press experience such as types of presses you have operated and number of colors, manufacturers name and whether it was a gravure, flexo or offset press. Resume and press experience should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.