Current Job Openings
Press Operators (2nd and 3rd Shift), Lafayette Hill, PA
Do you have what it takes to be the line leader of a small printing press production crew responsible for the efficient manufacture of quality products? Would you like to run a state-of-the-art combination printing press with some of the most knowledgeable employees in the industry? Do you take pride in your work with a high attention to detail and a focus on safety? If you answered “Yes!” to all these questions, then we want you on our team!
- 2nd shift Mondays-Fridays from 2:00pm – 10:30pm, less 30 minute lunch
- 3rd shift Sundays-Thursdays from 10:00pm – 6:30am, less 30 minute lunch
- Both shifts offer a shift differential
- Run a 10 color, UV Flexo Press
- Prior experience running a 10 color, UV flexo press is required
- Run a 13 color, roll-fed combination press
- Prior experience running a roll-fed combination press, especially offset and gravure and/or offset and flexo is required
Training for Operator positions may occur on a different shift. Estimate 2-3 months of training, depending on your personal learning curve.
The Press Operator is responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the press from set-up to maintenance and operation. Working with the Press Helper, ensure personal safety while achieving the highest print quality with minimal waste.
· Demonstrate commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
· Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMP, customer requirements, etc.
· Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, stock specifications, colors, special printing instructions, and any special customer requirements.
· Fill containers of cleaning solvents, water, fountain solution and ink as needed.
· Continuously check for quality defects on product running off conveyor belt.
· Complete required quality inspections and paperwork.
· Work with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
· Help in the administration of maintenance programs, tasks, and associated paperwork and data entry, ensuring the correct information concerning press runs, paper, and waste information entered into the computer. Maintain cleanliness of the assigned press and surrounding work area.
· Set up and run press meeting quality standards and tight production schedules. Operator must continuously strive to increase productivity and efficiency. Communicate relevant information on press and jobs to next shift.
· Float and occasionally assist other press operators, including working where directed, be it on varying presses or in other departments. Coordinate and assist in wash-ups
· Responsible for helping in training Press Helper
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience as a press helper is required
- Prior experience running a press, as noted above, is required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be mechanically inclined and have the ability to maintain normal press adjustments.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, read and understand scales and measurements.
- Is attentive to detail & accuracy, looks for improvements to work processes and takes advantage of tools & resources, finds root cause to quality problems.
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals, listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, demonstrates support of company values.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as required
- Ability to remain physically and mentally alert during third shift hours (10:00pm-6:30am)
- Capable of repeated standing, walking, sitting, bending, and lifting for entire shift. Able to carry up to 25 lbs and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping product, pushing & pulling skids of product using manual pallet jack, reaching above shoulder height at times to remove items from shelving units
Salary is comparable for the level of experience we are seeking and the scope of the job.
To apply, send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the Job Title and Shift in the subject line of your email for timely consideration.