Current Job Openings
Quality Inspector, 2nd shift
Do you always win the game of spotting the difference between two pictures? Are you good with numbers? Can you take accurate measurements using a ruler? Our Quality Inspector job may be your next career move!
Lux Global Label Company is a privately held manufacturer of printed labels and specialty packaging for the pharmaceutical, health & beauty, consumer goods and food & beverage markets – you may have many of our labels on products in your home! Learn more about us and our employees at:.
We’re looking for a Quality Inspector for our headquarters plant in Lafayette Hill, PA. We need someone with an extremely high attention to detail, who can read and interpret customer specifications, and clearly articulate inspection results. This position works on the plant floor, which is clean, well-lit and climate controlled. The hours are Mondays-Fridays from 2:00pm-10:30pm, less 30 minutes for lunch. Uniform will be provided. Occasional overtime will be required.
The Quality Inspector ensures the product meets the customer’s specifications and approves finished products for release.
- Perform press inspection and finished product inspection.
- Complete and maintain documentation of press and finished product inspections.
- Final approval and lot release including verifying compliance to shipping requirements and generating a certificate of analysis/compliance
- Investigate/resolve issues that arise in production.
- Perform in-process auditing of production floor.
- Report findings to Press Operators, Supervisors, and Quality Management.
- Approve, reject, and/or quarantine non-conforming products.
- Assist in cGMP/SOP training.
- Assist in facilitation of active Quality team meetings.
- Assist in root cause/corrective action investigation in response to customer complaints.
- Be familiar with operation of all lab equipment and perform lab testing when required (ex. Sutherland Rub, Density, Barcode verification, etc.).
- Assist Quality Systems Manager with special projects.
- Promote safety and quality throughout the facility.
- Perform other job functions per Manager’s request.
- Work additional days/hours as needed to meet business needs.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the follow knowledge and skills:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Prior experience in the printing or label industry would be helpful
- 3 years of experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance is preferred
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is preferred
- Must be able to perform basic math functions and use a ruler – successful completion of a pre-employment test will be required
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to work independently and work well in team environments
- Capable of reading, interpreting, and communicating specifications in English.
- Must be familiar with quality inspection and measuring equipment. Performing visual inspection for color and defects against a master standard. Dimensional measurement per specification or drawing using a ruler or loupe with a scale.
- Use of perfect or near perfect vision and normal color vision required.
- Microsoft Office Suite basic knowledge required (Word, Access, Excel, PPT, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have positive commitment to and support quality improvement within the Company.
Salary is comparable for the level of experience we are seeking and the scope of the job.
To apply, send your resume and salary requirements to Please Include the Job Title in the subject line of your email .